CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 30, 2010

Shop Hop

Well - Erick and I started out on the adventure of obtaining those quilt squares. We were able to make it to the three shops in Elk River/Rogers and then the one all the way out in Shakopee today. I think this was my favorite as it is a renovated old train station - very interesting. Tonight as we head to friends for dinner we are going to hit up the two shops in White Bear Lake. Erick has really gotten into the stores - after the third one he commented on how much fun he was having :).

Next friday afternoon we are planning to get the 2 stores that are practically right out our front door and then move more into the Cities for some stops. I of course will hit up those in St. Cloud next week when I am there for work.

Erick is hoping the squares he has picked up will earn him a few extra "favorite" son-in-law points as they are for mom.

Mom, Aunt Mary, Uncle Ken, Aunt Ann and Aunt Linda - have a great time as you start your adventure. Drive safe.

If you make it close to our house (Calla Lily Quilt Shop and Gifts, Inc. and Fat Quarter Quilt Shop) on a different weekend give us a call - we would love to show off our home.

Kim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and Erick,

Glad to hear that you were able to hit some of the quilt shops and that Erick had such a good time. I would love to get up there for a few of the places, but of course won't be able to get there until after the fair is over. We were able to get to 9 of the stores around here today, and I will get to the other three that are located in Stewartville, Racine and Spring Valley some time in the next week if I get off early at the fair. It was great fun!

We used Ann's van and Ken drove us around. We made a complete look of the SE section and I also picked up a few other kinds of fabrics - mostly to make dish towels and a little fabric wallet out of the Minnesota quilt material.

I was looking at all mine when I got home, and even though I have all nine shops stamped, I seem to be missing one fabric square, but am not going to worry about it, because hopefully I will get enough to make up for a missing square next week.

By the way, since Erick is my only "son-in-law", guess he will make up some extra points. If you run across some kind of pattern that you like, I'm sure your Aunt Mary and I can help get it together for you. We also had Ann's granddaughter, Tori with us and she was ble to shop for material. Also, maybe even your Aunt Linda and Aunt Ann can help!

Have fun at your friends!
Mom

Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Shop hopping is kind of fun, right? Ken and I went to last 3 shops today, so now I have 2 bags of black/white fabric from the SE section. I think we will try to hit the Metro area either this week end or next. When I find out when we are going to be in your area......I'll let you know.
Also wanted to let you know that if you are going to be in Rochester some week end...and if you want to sew something....let me know and if it's open for me maybe we can get together with your mom and you can get some projects started. And of course, anyone else that is interested and available can also come.
In fact, I think we should be thinking about another sewing day!!
And I think the Shakopee quilt shop is really nice also...it's fun to see what some of the shops are like.
Mary