CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Good Morning, it's Saturday

I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful Saturday!!!! Ken and I are enjoying it with Dakota and Connor. They helped me mow the front lawn this morning, then we all took a walk together. Dakot and Connor are spending the day with us, because Michelle is still in Ohio for a convention and Spencer and Zarchary headed out to overnight cub scout camp this morning. Michelle will be home later this evening to pick up the children and head home. So, I'm sure that this evening Ken and I will just spend a quiet evening at home.
I heard by the grapevine that Dale and Barb headed out this morning to pick blueberries!!! I hope they have really good luck and that the blueberries are tasty!!!
Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep - Barb and I headed over to Maiden rock this morning, we went by way of Zumbrota - Red Wing on the way over and came back by way of Nelson - Wabasha. Saw some nice scenery. Stopped and said Hi to Katherine and gave her a half a cup of berries. We picked about one and a half hour and had fifteen pounds of Blueberries.I have never seen so many berries and the parking areas were full. I saw a couple of other people from Rochester also. On the way home we stopped at a quilt shop and Barb purchased 6 patches (?) for something. I believe it was in a town called Stockholm and it has only been there since May. When we got back to Rochester, we stopped at Mill's to pick up two dozen of jars and other needed supplies. I would guess she will be making syrup in a couple of hours.
It was kind of a fun day.
Gabby

Anonymous said...

Yes, they were fat quarters. I want to make another bag like we made at Mary's that day we got together. I don't have the pattern, so Mary will need your help again making it, because I don't have the pattern, etc.

The quilt shop in Stockholm is a very small one, as he has just opened up. He's hoping to be on the shop hop list next year, as he knew all about this one.
Barb