CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ann's news

Thanks to Gabby, I got 70 quarts and 18 pints of green beans canned this week. I had told him at the reunion I had not gotten any planted and he knew of a farmer with a "few" acres of them.
I should not have picked that last pail. When we got back to Wykoff after picking beans I got the mail. I got notice to show up for jury duty in St Paul 7:30 am on August 2. I told Roger he may have to go with me and help me find quilt shops in the metro area while I'm there. I wonder if there will be time?? Well it would be something he could do while I sit in court, yeah right!
Anyway looking forward to the SE shophop next Saturday with Linda, Barb, and Mary & Ken, it should be alot of fun. Hope you all have a good week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Ann! I haven't counted all of mine, but I do know that in the last 3 days I've canned 35 qts and 20 pints. The pints will go to Kim if she wants that many and the rest of them are mine.

Ken and Mary stopped over last night and picked up the rest of the beans I didn't want to do and while they were there, Ken ran the beans I was doing through my french green bean slicer. Thanks Ken!

I'm also looking forward to this weekend, and think it should be great fun. I start working at the fair tomorrow, so will be limited in doing any more canning unless it is in the evenings????
Barb

Anonymous said...

The beans that I got from Gabby and Barb, I froze. We had some for lunch today and they were really good.
Thanks Gabby
Mary