CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 10, 2012

Canning

Hi everyone,
Here I am on the family blog - completely new look from what I'm used to.  Just wanted to let all of you know that Gabby, Ken, Nancy and the 2 kids, Ann and Roger all went out yesterday and picked green beans from a farmer that Gabby knows.  Guess all of them got what they wanted, and so off they went to do some freezing/canning of the green beans.

I canned 14 quarts for myself and another 14 pints for Kim.  Next week I will be getting peaches from Youth for Christ over at the Methodist Church on North Broadway and so will then be spending some time doing those also.  Maybe while I'm doing that, I can make some peach jam.  Yummmmmm!!

Not much else for now, so will sign off.  Have a great weekend. 
Barb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll make a trip in September to pick up those beans - hopefully our busyness will calm down by then as school is back in session and Erick is back to work. Please save a jar a peach jam for me too.
Kim

Anonymous said...

the beans were very nice this year, not even very dirty considering we had just gotten some rain! Thank you for calling and letting us know, Gabby!
Ann