CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

NO WATER

Tuesday morning I was still in bed when the phone rang, the neighbor asking if we had water. So I got up and we had no water. 45 minutes later we have water....but 45 minutes later we are back to no water. The 45 minutes with water gave me time to shower and get ready for the day.
A water main broke at the end of the street during the night. I was told by a friend that they heard the trucks about 3:30 am. When Tracy and I was out for a walk we watched them work on the problem amidst the mud and water (which made it icy) for a few minutes and talked to one of the workers. They had not yet reached the break, but he figured it would be mid day when it would be fixed and we would have running water again.
It's amazing how we miss the very simple things. And I remember a time when we didn't have running water growing up. But now we just take it for granted.
So for those of you that have running water today........enjoy it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a bummer! Running water is a good thing...hope it's back to running soon :)
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I finally got water about 2pm, but it is now 3:30 and the water is still running discolored....looks like tea or sometimes really strong coffee. The bathtub is still really dark, and so is the stool. So it has been very interesting around here today washing hands, etc.

Anonymous said...

Make sure you don't run the dishwasher or washing maching!!! Good thing you have bottled water. I get so thirsty when there is no water, so I'm glad we have a 5 gallon water bottle too!
Did anyone see the car on the news that was covered in ice because a water main broke? I think it might have been in New York. I am so waiting for spring.
Ann