CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 30, 2011

lazy weekend

Hi Everyone
Well, we had a lazy weekend again. Just doesn't seem like I have the ambition to get anything done anymore. In the beginning of January, I did sign up for the block a month thru Pine Tree Needles in Racine. Actually we are doing 2 blocks a month for 6 months. Pine Tree Needles is a quilt shop and I am hoping to improve my sewing alot. I thought signing up would force me to get more done. My first 2 blocks are done but boy they did not turn out like they should have. For one thing they are suppose to be 12 1/2 inches square and they are not, they will be closer to 12 when they are trimmed. I am not trimming right away. So working and not getting much done at home is what I have been up to... how about everyone else???
Sounds like we will be shoveling snow again this week and hoping to see alot of you in Bryon for Mary and Ken's anniversary party.
Ann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're trying to improve your sewing skills - that's what I should be doing also. I have been working on the stocking I started before Christmas - finally have about 5 strips sewed on! Hopefully can get some more done this week - don't want to hurry into these things.

Wanted to let you know that we had some dilly beans for lunch today, and I think both Gabby & I will pass on them. We didn't really care for them. In fact, I can bring you the other jar on the 20th if you want.
Barb

Anonymous said...

I too have been meaning to work on my sewing - I have all kinds of plans to start with that 10 minute table runner. I would like one for every holiday. However, first must get a baby blanket finished. Not too many skills in the knitting world yet but they are coming along and I am pleased.
Fairly quite past weekend for us however this next coming weekend is the end of the St. Paul Winter Carnival and we are hoping to get out to visit the ice/snow sculptures as well as attend the Torchlight Parade to usher in spring!
Kim