CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas collections



How many of you have something that you collect? All year or just at Christmas?


I seem to have alot of collections at Christmastime. One of them is my Dickens Village, which I didn't get put up this year. Another is a small collection of Santas that we started a few years ago. Two of the Santas came from Brian, he got them at the Kris Kringle Mart in Chicago (2 different years) a couple came from Branson, MO. one came from Canada and one from the Renaisance Festival, and some from who knows where.
I started making mittens for tree ornaments quite a few years ago, it has been fun to see how the mittens have multipled from just 6 to 16 this year. The picture of of Norrie's, it will be her first year to have a mitten on the tree. Conrad watched me put her name on the mitten a couple weeks, and he looked for it on the tree a couple days ago. When I started doing this, I actually even cut the mittens out of the wood, and painted them. I did it all, but the last few, Ken has cut out for me.
What kind of decorating do you do? What kind of collections do you put out? Please post pictures and share with everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are one of the Santas a barefoot Santa? I thought the one with the long beard looked like one. I like those ones that Bob Nowicki (?) makes, but I never bought one.

Katie

Anonymous said...

actually I have two of them......the first one I got from Shawn and there is a loon beside it. The second one I brought myself.....and it is like the original one that Bob made. It is one of Santa holding his boots. If I remember correctly....in the spirit of the holiday Santa is giving his boots to someone....that is how the barefoot Santa started. Barb also has some barefoot Santas. Shawn has one where Santa is holding a hockey stick. I know that Michelle has a couple.
Bob stills makes them, but I think it is only if you contact him and order one,

Brian said...

For the record, and to be recorded in the official hall of blog deeds, it's called the Christkindlmarket - a german Christmas village in Chicago!

http://www.christkindlmarket.com/en/

Nice Collection!