CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shop Hop

Surprisingly I have a rare friday to sunday off from JoAnn's (without request) so I have once again enlisted Erick's help to go out and hit up some of the local quilt shops for their freebies. We have some plans for saturday night and sunday afternoon but should be able to get to a good portion of the ones in our area. Not as excited this year for the main fabric but am sure I will find some that are wonderful.
Then - perhaps I will be able to talk my mom (or maybe an aunt or two) into a couple of helping days in late august so that I can (finally) complete a MN tote bag. I could really use a nice, big and heavy duty one before winter work sets in.
Happy Shopping!
Kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken & I went to some shops today, decided I like the fabric, or atleast, most of them.
We also made a couple side trips that were fun.
Will finish the SE section tomorrow and get the bag of fabric. yaaa
Hope you had fun.
If you need help finishing your bag, let me know when you will be in Rochester and I'll see if I'm available.
Mary

. said...

5 1/2 hours today and we came up 1 shop short of finishing the Central East Section. Our last store (Glad Creations) had closed 20mn before we got there. Oh well - we will finish it up by weeks end. There are still some shops I will visit while making my Tuesday trips to St. Cloud so am most excited for the progress we have made - and especially for the purple Hello Kitty fabric.
Kim

Anonymous said...

awesome Kim.......
Ken and I finished the SE section, so we got the 7 yards of fabric that is being given as the prize.
Hopefully, it was after 5 when they closed, since all shops are suppost to stay open 10 to 5 on Saturday, 12 to 5 on Sunday.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Great! I am hoping to get out and about some time before it ends - maybe Linda and I can get in some shopping as she called last week and asked if I was going to try to get to some shops. Maybe if Ann hasn't gotten to any, she can come along too!

Barb