CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Busy Week-end

I hope everyone has had a good week-end so far. It has been busy for us, we started the week-end driving to Kasson to watch Alex play hockey. The drive there was very, very foggy. The team played well, and we were able to see a win (the team hasn't had many this year). Then I went to Quality Sewing to attend a school house teaching session. Home for a couple hours before Ken and I went to church. St Pius had their annual Polka Mass, (been going on for 20 plus years) and this was the first time we have gone. Not only went, but also helped with serving the dinner they put on afterwards. We also stayed for the dance, didn't stay long, only about an hour.
We took our time getting up Sunday morning since we didn't have to go to church. I sewed on a couple quilt blocks for awhile this morning.
Shortly after 11 I went to Quality (with Linda) to work. Normally the store is closed on Sundays, but starting last year they have a Super Sunday Sale (on the same day the Super Bowl is played). The store was scheduled to open at noon, but people were sitting in their cars starting at 11:30 waiting for the store to open. We opened early, and were very busy.....didn't have a chance to sit down or even use the rest room (for the first three hours). It finally starting slowing down about 3:30.
Now I'm home and somewhat watching the SuperBowl football game. I don't feel like I've had much free time the last couple days.
I hope your favorite football team wins!!!!
Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess you have been pretty busy! This weekend wasn't too bad for me. On Saturday from 7:30 to about 9:30 I went to coffee with the girls and then at about 10:30 I left for Staybridge for knitting from 11:00 until 4:30 (it was closer to 5 before I got everything put away). Had a great day.

On Sunday Gabby and I went to church and after church we had a soup sunday before the super bowl. Was home in plenty of time to watch the game. That's about it!
Barb