CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sewing get-together

Hi,
I was thinking that on April 24, Saturday, might be a good day to have a sewing day. If this day works for you, please let me know, and come up with some ideas of items you would like to sew. Do we all want to sew the same item or we each want to do our own thing? Does anyone have any good ideas for lunch? Pot-luck items, sandwich items, salads? I need some info on what everyone else would like to do. Also what would be a good time to start? 9 am? 10 am? earlier? later? I can have 4 to 5 sewing machines set up, so you can use one of mine if you don't want to bring yours. But I need to know who would like to use one of mine, or if we will just take turns with the machines so we don't have to re-tread depending on the fabrics we are using. Ideas, ideas, ideas........please put yours out so we can decide what we want to do.
Maybe this will force me to straighted and get organized......or maybe not.......you may be coming to my messing sewing area.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know what happened to my first comment, but here goes again.

The 24th is okay with me, and would prefer after 9 a.m. As far as food, maybe we could do sandwiches and delegate a ciyoke if oeioke to pick up different kinds of sandwich meat, lettuce, tomatoes, or whatever. Maybe we could also make some kind of cookies or brownies for snack.

I would like to use one of your machines, but if not possible, I will bring my 30+ machine.

As far as something to make, I would like to make a tote bag for my knitting, a pincushion like yours, or whatever someone else would like to make. I think making the same thing would be nice.

Barb

Anonymous said...

While I am very much looking forward to this type of family event the 24th is the weekend of my convention.

I even have the fabric for my very first apron (coffee mugs and coffee bean style). I've actually got the pattern cut out and one side of the front pocket sewed (yeah I know mom its been two weeks). I'm having more trouble than I thought I would.

If all goes well and everybody wants to continue with this idea I would love to join. Once the convention is over my weekends should start to open up a bit more.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Sorry Kim,
I knew you said there was a week end in April you could not come and I was thinking it was the week end before.......so we will see how this one goes and maybe we will have to schedule one for May also. Then in June at the family reunion we have show and tell on the projects we finished!!!
Mary

Urban said...

Brian Peters says....

Man, I wish I could be there. Sounds like fun. Sarah wants to learn how to sew too - she started bringing it up a few months ago. She wants to make curtains or something. Well - have fun!