CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 23, 2012

Idea's for 2013

Hi everyone
Well, Thanksgiving is over and Christmas will be here soon.  What a difference in temps from yesterday to today!  Doesn't look like anyone is be getting together as a large group for Christmas this year.  So lets hear ideas on a summer reunion for 2013.  Do we want to keep the last Saturday in June or something different?   Bob and Julie do you have any plans for the summer that could include Minnesota?  Does the Hayes family in Moorhead have any plans for visiting the SE corner?  I am willing to have a reunion any weekend that works out for the majority or ones who live further away.
Does anyone else have plans that they want to share or ideas as to what weekend or a place that they would like to try?  Maybe  Stewartville again , or stay with Lanesboro, try a state park by LeRoy, Whitewater Park. Carly State Park, Forestville State Park?  We would have to check with state parks to see if there are big plans.  I prefer to find something free.  If anyone knows of a nice park with good bathrooms let's hear from you!  If we want to make the last Saturday of June and Lanesboro the weekend and place that is fine with me too.  Just thought maybe I would put it out there for discussion.
Please sign your name to any comments or ideas you may have.
Thanks for you input, all you have to do is click on comments to leave your ideas!
Ann

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As of right now - any Sat/Sun would be fine with us. If Sat, July 6 is planned I would have to know real soon to change some tentative plans we now have. I really don't care if it is the last Sat in June or not. We could look into Forestville for the summer reunion (but we would have to change week ends, since I was told a couple years ago that is Forestville days, so I would assume it would always fall on the same week end in June). Forestville is the right price, it has nice restrooms and nice areas to take a walk for those that want to get out and do that sort of thing. And for the summer reunion we could just get the outside shelter - and remember to take a longgg extenstion cord to run inside. If everyone wants to go the Lanesboro again - that is also fine with me. I do not know what Carly State Park or the park by LeRoy has to offer, so if someone has been there - please let us know.

Mary

Anonymous said...

I haven't been here but I understand it's a really nice place with lots to do. Shelters are a rate but with everyone chipping in (if poosible), it shouldn't be too bad - believe the kids would really love it: http://www.red-wing.org/colvillpark.html

I work July 4 and not sure what other weekends at this point. I always liked the set date of the last Saturday in June.


Linda

Anonymous said...

About Colvill Park, Deron and I took the kids there -- there's a waterslide park (probably with an admission) that opens July 4 or 8 (I forgot which now) at noon. For other water fun, there's a boat lunch for the fishermen. The park is along the river there. There's a large playground area and a smaller area. There are shelters there, covered, for fees of around $30, I believe -- don't quote me on that. Also, that may be a refundable deal once cleaned up, but I'm not sure. I think it would something to look into at least. We had a great time there.

Angie & Deron

Anonymous said...

My apologies -- the water park opens on June 9 at noon (open noon to 7p.m. daily). Admission is:
Daily Fees:
Daily - $6.50
Under 42" - $4.50
Twilight - $3.50
Child under 2 - $2.00
Non-swimmers - $3.00
(Sundays - non-swimmers are free, and they have free hot dogs all day)
*************************
Some information on park shelters:

Both Shelters #3 & #4 are open air shelters which will accomodate up to 6 large picnic tables. Each table is capable of seating 6-8 people. Additional tables are nearby, and if available, can be moved closer to the shelter for your use. Four (4) 20 amp/120 volt electrical outlets (2 plug-ins each) are available at each of these shelters. In addition, charcoal grills are nearby for your use.

Rates: $25.00 for 4 hours or less per shelter, $35.00 for 4+ hours per shelter.
******************

And in my post from yesterday, that was supposed to say a boat LAUNCH (not lunch, my apologies).

I've always kind of enjoyed the last weekend in June, too, and am already looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Angie