CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wyoming News



Hello everyone.

It has been quite a while since I have sent a post for a while and thought I should try and get something out there. Bob and I went up to around Medicine Bow yesterday to see if he could get an antelope. He wanted to get one early so he then can concentrate on elk hunting. He also wanted to test out the new barrel and scope that he had gotten for his TC. He is working on getting it tuned in for long range shooting. You have special turrets on the scope that you can dial in for certain distances. I don't know a lot about it except it takes some work to get it dialed in.

We left the house at about 4:30 yesterday morning and didn't get home until about 8:30 last night....it was a looong day. But Bob got his antelope and we got it dropped off at the processor, so we have today to kinda R and R.

I am sending some pictures of his antelope. We had a really nice day, it was not too hot and for once the wind wasn't blowing 50 miles an hour. We took the four wheeler. (Which is a lot nicer than walking.) But we did have to hike maybe a mile or so to get "snuck up' on the herd. It didn't take that long to get the antelope. I think we were back to the truck by noon, but then we had to drive all the way over to Lusk to drop it off to get processed, and then drive home. I think Bob counted and we were in six different countries yesterday. We drove maybe 400 miles.

Well, guess I will get these pictures posted and then get busy around here.

Hope everyone is well.

Bob and Julie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! My boys sre deer hunting now, Mark got one so far. The bow and arrow season lasts quite awhile so I am sure there will be a few less deer by the first of the year. I just always have to pray everyone is safe while they hunt.
Glad your day went so well.
Ann

Anonymous said...

Well, what did it measure 12 to 14 inches or more? I can not believe you all like those prairie goats, there must be a special way to fix them. Anyway good Job.
Gabby

Anonymous said...

It was only about 13 inches. A lot smaller than the one that is hanging on the wall. We take the antelope up to Lusk and trade it in for wild game pepper sticks, jerky, and jalapeno cheese sausage. That stuff is to die for.