CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

My Fall Display

A couple weeks ago I decided to put out a fall arrangement - it is getting to be that time of year. I moved a couple things around and put this bar near the back door. I put on some field corn, gourds, a small pumpkin and as the children and I walk in the morning we have picked up pretty leaves, nuts, acorns, etc to add to it. I figured a squirrel would find it and eat the corn. About 3 or 4 days after putting it out, the corn started to disappear. But it wasn't a squirrel - it is chipmunks! And not only are they eating the corn, but the nuts and acorns are disappearing also.

The kids have really taken an interest in them and watch them when they notice the activity. Look how full those cheeks are!
This morning there were two of them eating - I tried to get a picture of the two together, but it was like they were tag-teaming. One would jump up and the other would jump down - they were really quick about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really cool!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is really great! I really wish I had such a decorative touch.
Kim

Anonymous said...

I am glad they are your house and not mine!! I would have to terminate them.
Ann