CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend

I put a comment under Barb's last posting and then thought that maybe not everyone reads them. Sooo.. I'll do my own comment!
Roger and I started the MN shop hop on Friday since I had the day off, then we finished it yesterday (Sunday). I thought it would be fun to do it with the "group" like last year but it didn't seem that would work this year. I have this week off and the next two weekends we have family reunions on Rogers side. It worked having Roger with for all the shops as he also qualified to earn the 7 yard bundle of free fabric too! One gal asked me in Montgomery how that worked.
Hoping to get some cleaning, canning, and sewing done this week while I am home - it may be good to go back to work next week! Hope I actually accomplish something this week.
Roger is doing a good job keeping the garden watered with all the hot weather we have had. We did not get the extreme rain that Rochestere received twice but we have plenty in our rain barrels. The zucchini and summer squash have started, the tomatoes are starting to ripen, and the cucumbers are setting on.
Thank you to all those who called or emailed birthday wishes. It was a good weekend.
Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a note to say that Gabby has been doing a great job taking cae of the garden this last two weeks too! I've been so busy at the fair, that I haven't really had time to work out there.

He went to pick green beans with Ann and Roger today, so when he got home with the 5 gallon pail full of beans, he helped to snip them and then I canned 12 pints for Kim. Now tomorrow I plan on canning the rest for us.
Barb