CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Peters week end...........

Ken and I took Friday off and headed to the Cities to do the Metro area shop hop. We took our time and stopped at other places also. We started in Stillwater, very nice quilt shop, and they are open on Sundays. Then onto White Bear Lake, two quilt shops there, just a block apart. Between the two shops was a farmers market, so we had to walk thru it and get a couple things, and also stopped at a couple other shops. We would like to go back there and see more shops, they looked very interesting. Then up to Chisago City to visit Wine Haven. From there down I 35 to mid town Minneapolis to Glad Creations, I 35 had lots of slow areas with road work, etc. But it was worth it.......I won a door prize there.....a flannel bundle of fat quarters. Then to Fat Quarter and met up with Kim, after shopping, we went to see Kim and Erick's home. Thanks for the tour Kim, very nice home. Then onto Blue Bamboo just before they closed. Another Winery stop, not inpressed with it. Beautiful area, but didn't like the wines. We found a hotel in Waconia and stayed the night. Our hotel room was upgraded to a king room with fireplace and whirlpool, very nice room. Saturday morning found us at Heavenly Patchwork Quilt Shop......the owner is the mom of Sherry Fall (Sherry has This & That pattern business). That was lots of fun.....since I like the the patterns, and it is a very nice shop.....I would like to visit it again. After that it was Chanhassen, Shakopee, Eagan, Apple Valley and Rosemount. In between those we made a stop at Ikea...(don't go on Saturday afternoon, very busy!!!).
As we were leaving Rosemount, Shawn called to see where we were, he was picking Alex up from the scout camp. When we got home, Shawn and Alex were waiting for us, and we had a nice visit. Both Shawn and Alex had lots to tell about their weeks at the Jamboree. It sounds like they both had a good time. Alex is talking about going back in 3 years!!
Sunday was just a normal Sunday......church in the morning, a very short bike ride (it was hot out), and some sewing in the afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and Ken had quite a time over the weekend. At least you were having some fun!

Needless to say, I was very busy at the fair, and I see that next year we will have the fair from the 25th of July through the August 1st. If there's a shop hop to go to again next year, I guess I'll just need to take off again. I hope to get to the last three this week (maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

Talked to Kim a couple of days ago and she said you were stopping to see her. She was going to send some material home with you for me. Did she do that?

Nothing else much happening around here, just trying to stay cool and then get all my goodies put away after the fair. I did quite well this year with all my enteries.
Barb

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mom - I didn't send it home as Erick still has to get a couple of squares for you. I will get you the squares soon.

Thanks for coming to visit Aunt Mary and Uncle Ken. It was nice to see you. Hope Erick was able to help you out with your new toy - have you started the new book?

Kim

Anonymous said...

How nice you won something extra! I have not started anything with my new fabric but still hoping to find ambition to get started!
Ann