CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The colors being posted by the
color guard. The second pictures is of
cub scouts posting flags on the crosses and the
third one is one of the guys playing taps.






On Memorial Day Gabby and I went to the memorial seervices at Soldiers Field. Since neither one of us had been there before, we decided to do this and must admit that it was very intersting and a very nice day for the services. We had plenty of time to walk around and look at all the names and pictures of the wall. Attached are a few pictures of different happenings of the services.
Barb



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures Barb, thanks for sharing. I heard that Gabby was on TV also Monday. Unfortunately I missed it. Did anyone else see it?
Mary

Anonymous said...

Yes this looks like a very nice service. It was such a nice day. I went on KTTC and found the clip with Gabby saluting. It was a very good shot of you!!
Ann

Anonymous said...

I have had a couple of people tell me that I was on KTTC in rochester. If you noticed I was wearing my purple heart shirt and cap. Right when the service ended this young gal from the mason city tv station came up to Barb and I and ask if we would do an interview. So, we were both on at 6:00pm and I decided to tape it at 10:00pm but it never aired again. I guess one could say my tv career only lasted about 20 seconds. I would highly encourage everyone to stop and visit the soldiers field veteran memorial - it is very interesting.
Gabby