CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

FAMILY REUNION

Just a reminder that the family reunion is coming up fast.........we need your input NOW. We do have the Oronoco Estates hall reserved, if needed. But someone has suggested we look into Lanesboro city park. If you have any info on the park, please let us know. We need to know if the park is being used for a city function that day....June 27, 2009. We are pretty sure it is a first come, first serve basis, so we need a volunteer to be there early, or to camp there overnite on Friday night. Also need to know if there are outlets available to use.
As soon as we confirm a location.....we will post it.
As far as food goes..... it will be a pot luck for salads, chips, desserts. There will be no grilling.....if someone wants to make a crock pot of sloppy joes, or a crockpot of hot dog, please post it, so we know what kind of buns to have. Otherwise there will be tuna salad, chicken salad type sandwiches.
Please no alcoholic beverages........this is a family affair and there will be lots of children there.
WE NEED YOUR INPUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Bob,
just wanted to know if there is a chance that you may be able to make the reunion this year?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I called the city this morning, they have no fuctions that day. It is a first come first pick of the shelters. I know the big shelter has electricity and I pretty sure the smaller one does too - not sure about the third one. The park is great for kids, Nick loves going there. There are 2 ponds that you can fish in, they are stocked with trout so need the trout stamp. I imagine I could go down about 10am to get one of the shelters. I will thaw out a turkey and roast for sandwiches. I think I will have it in a crock instead of cold.
Ann

Anonymous said...

sounds good Ann.........
does everyone want to go to Lanesboro for the reunion?

Anonymous said...

We're ok with going to Lanesboro :) I just talked to someone that lives 10 miles away from Lanesboro...he might be willing to pop over there early morning and post some signs for us and lay out some table clothes and folding chairs if I can get the items to him. He needs to check with his family to make sure that they are around that saturday morning....Won't know for sure if he's able to help us out until late next week.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Laneboro will be fun. We will not be able to go early, because Dean has a meeting in the morning. I will bring cupcakes. I will probably also bring a loaf of bread and peanut butter for any little kids that don't want hot sandwichs.

Thanks
Katie

Anonymous said...

Michelle
The DAC posted signs one year to save the large shelter and they were torn down and the city called to say we could not do that - someone needs to be there as it is first come first serve. I will try to get there earlier. Out of the 3 shelters, I am sure we will have one. We have a work picnic ther next Wednesday so I will check out the other shelters
Ann

Nancy said...

Tim and I will bring several bags of chips.