CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

shout out from Chicago

this is our shout out from Chicago
cause mom and dad are here don' t you know

Saturday the Field Museum was awesome
it was a free day so we all could come

Sue the T rex is the main attraction
but the Fields so big we only saw a fraction

we walked and walked for quite awhile
and made sure we hit the magnificent mile

after a day of clear and sunny
we watched No Reservations, it was funny

the game of Quartile was fun for the beginner
and Sarah Jane was the winner

we got tired so we slept on the floor
but our mattress don't hold air no more

but lo the weather is turning nasty
so we have to get home real fasty

the trip was short, but we had fun
cause being together is # 1

so this is our shout out from Chicago
and now is the time to stop, we gotta go

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - didn't realize we had a poet in the family! Sounds like you guys had a blast in Chicago :)
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow is right! Never in all the years I've known you did I ever hear a poem that was just right! It sounds like you really did have a ball!

Kim, Gretchen, here stepmom and myself were all at the Mall of America on Saturday for the big Knit Out and Crochet event and we had a blast also!

Then, on Sunday we had a good time with Michelle and a Simply Fun party at Kim's.
Barb

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,
Here I go again with my post. We had a blast, even though next year when we go, we'll do things differently. We will attend the demonstrations that we want to make sure to get in and then stand in line for the freebies.

I did personally meet Debbie Macomber, who writes romance novels and also Kathleen Sams, who is usually on PBS on Saturday afternoons on the Shay Pendray show and if she's back again next year, I want to be sure to listen to soome of her demonstrations.

I would like to become a much better knitter, and once I'm retired, plan on spending more time doing some of that and hopefully have someone help me with some of the sewing together of items so there is a nice seam and not a bulky one like I tend to do sometimes now.

I do have lots of patterns I've collected over the years, and you're welcome to look at them and make copies of anything you would like to try. Maybe we could even get together with several other people that knit and learn something together.

Must run for now as I'm trying to get an afgan finished tonight before going to bed. It might be tomorrow before I get it finished.

Talk to you later,
Barb