CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Family Reunion

Hope everyone is keeping Sunday, May 27th open for family reunion. I will be roasting a turkey for hot turkey sandwiches. I think someone else will bring sloppy joes. Please feel free to bring salads, dessert, buns/bread, or chips. I will also bring punch or something in our 5 gallon jug. If you want pop, you will need to bring your own. NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED. We will be eating around noon. Come as early as you like and stay as late as you want! As long as we have the room cleaned up by 10pm!! I don't think there will be many who have to work Monday anyway. Sharon told me Jody will probably not be there as her new baby is due the first part of June. The room isn't as large as Linda thought but I think we can make do and still have a good time. There is a nice playground for the kids. If you have lawn chairs bring them along so we can use the outdoors. The pictures of sewing day are in the room we will have for the reunion - it is quite nice with 2 large bathrooms right in the hallway.
Hope to as many as possible on the 27th!
Ann

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reunion has been moved up a month?

Anonymous said...

I plan to make a 5 pound pot of sloppy joes, so if someone could bring the buns, that would be great. I will also try to have some fresh fruit or some kind of bars.
Barb

Nancy said...

barb - will you make brownies?!?!

Anonymous said...

Yes the reunion was moved up for this year. It was on the blog earlier. The reason is Sharon's family (at least some of them) will be in Rochester for a wedding on the Gillenbach side. Since the wedding is Saturday and it is a 3 day weekend, we hoped this would work for alot of the family to attend on Sunday. We can talk about the date for next year at the reunion.
Ann

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I must have missed that post where the date was changed. Do you know when it was posted?

Anonymous said...

I think it will be great to have this Memorial Day Weekend. Dakota sure loved playing on that playground too! Can't wait to see everyone.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

It was stated that Sharon's niece was getting married Memorial Day weekend when we were together for Christmas in Byron November 26. When I heard that, I thought it made since to see about moving the date for the reunion up and stated so. Dale and Barb, Linda, Mary and Ken, Roger and I all seemed to think it would be a good idea IF Sharon was in favor of it. We played phone tag for a few days so I think it was around November 28, 29,or 30 that I put it on the blog that Linda was getting the hall at Oronoco Estates and we would have the reunion on Sunday, May 27 there at the hall. I called Virgina to get her opinion also. I do not remember if I asked or told Al or Kate about it. I apolagize if I did not. I do not remember sending an email to Bob either. Sorry, Bob!
I hope this works out that alot of you can come but realize not everyone will probably make it.
I know Mom worried that we would not keep in contact after she was gone. I think she would be very pleased to know that we are trying. The last time we were all together was her funeral. I think it is great we get together as much as we do - Mom would be pleased!
Blessing to all
Ann