CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mary's week end retreat

Christmas Eve I received a very nice gift from Nancy, Tim and family. My gift was a quilt retreat held at Assisi Heights in Rochester, (Sacred Threads: Quilting as a Sacred Art Form) the week end of Feb 24 -26. I stayed at Assisi Height both nights - in the room pictured. As you can see it was very basic and simple and very quiet. It was a real experience staying there overnight.
The retreat was awesome - I had a great time. When I got there Friday night, I realized that I knew about 5 people there. But everyone was so friendly - by the end of the evening - I felt like I knew them all. I would difinitely like to go back for another retreat. The quilt retreats are something new at Assisi Heights - this was only the second one held there. The first one was held last November.

It was a very relaxing week end, just sewing and having fun. The meals were fantastic.
Saturday afternoon we had an opportunity to go on a tour and learn some of the history of the house and the Sister of St. Francis.
Sunday Mass was held at 11 am in the Chapel, quite a few of the quilting ladies went to Mass. Ken joined me for the service (and he wasn't the only hubby there - there was atleast one other one who joined his wife).
It was just an awesome week end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good time. What a nice Christmas gift! Why to go Nancy and Tim!
Ann

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good time and a couple of quite relaxing days would be right up my alley right now.
Kim