CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 14, 2010

Hi

Hi Everyone,
I haven't seen much news on the blog lately, I'm pretty sure it's not because everyone was out enjoying the nice weather. But hopefully you can use that excuse for the week end. I'm really looking forward to some sunshine and warmer temps.
Last Sat, May 8, I went to a Beyond the Yellow Ribbon event with Michelle, it was a luncheon for wives, mothers and sisters of the military. It was very nice, I really enjoyed it. Michelle and Spencer try to go to all the events with the children. Michelle and I talked to a very nice woman from the Winona area, who has a son in Iraq at this time.
Sunday we went to Kasson to Michelle's house for Mother's Day....it was the only full day Spencer was home in 11 days, so she was staying home (which meant she had to invite us there).
On Monday night I went to a child care meeting, the annual Child Care Provider Banquet, and listened to an awesome speaker on how to handle stress. The topic was "If life's a picnic, who invited the ants?", the ants are the stresses in our lives.
Wednesday evening we went to Kasson, Shawn's birthday. He also had his sisters and familys there, so it was nice seeing all of them. Of course, it was just Michelle and the children, since Spencer is away again until Sunday.
Spencer will get home sometime Sun afternoon, then hopefully will be home for a few weeks before he has to go to drill again. I think Michelle has lots of ants when Spencer is gone from home for so many days.
Nancy had a birthday a few days before, Ken was able to spend the evening with her, but I had to work that night. She is starting to get out more with Norrie now. I think they are starting to get a schedule going. Nancy and Tim are back out at the yurt now, so they are enjoying the prairie again.
Ken took today off from work and is doing some yard work, mowed this morning and is now putting weed and feed down, so maybe we will get rid of some of those pretty yellow flowers.
I think the week end will be spend just enjoying it........since I have to work on my birthday, I get the week end to enjoy!!!
If anyone has some extra ice cream pails laying around....or if you know someone who does, I would like to get some. I got a new pattern to make totes covering ice cream pails.....you should have known that it involved some sewing. It would make an awesome sewing project for another sewing day!!!
Enjoy the week end......
love to all

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have thought lots over the last couple of weeks to post something - but seem to have lost the information on how to log on and do it. So, if you help me out I will try and come up with something.

Erick and I had a wonderful end of April - a whole week of convention time. No matter what the stresses are to get it done we always love the end result. I am stockpiling many pictures of costumes and such for the next scrapbooking event. Of course, that means my apron project is still laying in the craft room, yet to be finished. I'm really going to try and buckle down and have it done before the family picnic. I need something to show off. I have also been very busy working on the knitting - got a couple friends and coworkers expecting babies. Spent most of the day cleaning out the garden and preping it for the vegetables. I am expecting to plant memorial weekend. Got some flowers finally into the window boxes this afternoon and am trying to finish up the housework before Erick and I head off to a friends college graduation party.
Next week is our wedding anniversary - hardly seems possible that 4 years have passed. Not sure what we are planning - probably just a nice quite dinner out.
Okay - back to the work.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been pretty busy, and I hope to start my garden plantng this next week sometime. It's been pretty busy around here with many things to do. We have three graduations coming up the first part of June in our cul de sac and several at church, plus tomorrow, Sunday the 16th, I have an 80th birthday party to go to!

That's okay Kim with the apron. If you get down here before the family reunion, I can help, or at least try. I have been working on knitting projects for the fair, but am also trying to get other things completed.

On Thursday of this past week, our next door neighbor, Don, gave us some rhubarb, and I had enough to make some strawberry-rhubard jam. You get to have one or two when you come home!

Dad just pulled a tree out on the hillside that was mostly dead today, and there is another one we want to pull out and maybe in it's place to put some flowers.

By the way Mary, have a wonderful birthday on Sunday!
Barb

Anonymous said...

What a good idea -making ice cream pail totes sounds like a really good project for sewing day!
Happy Birthday on Monday, the 17th.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
Ann